I should have put this up a long time ago, but the Freshly Pressed event really prompted me to think about this again… so here are my comment guidelines.
- Please leave a comment. I really want to hear from you guys!
- Don’t leave spam. Nobody wants to see you peddle your wares here.
- Don’t be a troll. Nobody likes your negativity. Go back to your cave and die so you don’t pollute the rest of society with your horrible attitude. The world can suck enough on its own without you helping it along.
- You can leave a link back to your blog/ book/ website. I promote sharing thoughts and ideas. That’s what being a nerd is all about, right? All I ask is that you at least leave a comment, otherwise it just looks like a shameless and selfish plug or spam.
- I made all of this stuff here so if you share it, don’t claim it as your own
- I try to respond to every single comment, but sometimes it can be a little much. Don’t be sad if I didn’t write back. I still love you.
Okay, so here’s the fun part (for me, at least.) By commenting on my blog you allow me to have creative license with your comment. All this means is that I just post your comment the way it is and everybody’s happy. If you break the above guidelines and/or piss me off, I’ll take your comment, line through it, and then rephrase it into something that’s hilarious and insulting. Here’s an example:
make free money!
What I meant to say was, “I have absolutely no shame and I would sell my own mother if it would benefit me. Furthermore, I think that everyone looking at this is too stupid to understand the basic principles of economics and that they should believe in the magical existence of free money. For the love of God, click my link.”
Wow, you’re really hard on yourself.